Are You a Carer?
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Telling peopleCaring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a breakCaring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carersDirecting carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care forAdvice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Tax creditsInformation on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible
If you are a carer we at the surgery would be grateful if you could complete a questionnaire regarding yourself please click here to view and complete the questionnaire.
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Helpline Information http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
Office Hours: Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.